Friday 11 June 2010

Mile 703ish- Kennedy Meadows aka the jump-off(to the Sierras)


Mile 500!(ish)

Everyone hanging out in the only shade in the middle of the Mojave Desert

One of the burn areas along the trail

A bunch of hikers getting water out of the only on-trail water source in the middle of a 30 mile dry stretch

One of my Cowgirl camping setups

A view after hiking up out of Walker Pass

I'm just happy to be at KM

Kennedy Meadows General Store

We made it 700 miles, and we are semi-officially out of the desert! Yes, I've technically been in the desert for the past 6 weeks, even though it's just started getting above 75*. We're moving onto the Sierra Nevadas, and I'm going to attempt to make it into Mammoth Lakes by June 23 so I can catch a bus upto Reno to go back to Colorado for a family Reunion. Our Group of 7(Princess, Lip Service, Avo, GQ, Captain Obvious, Blaze, and I) will be going up Mt. Whitney in the next couple of days(the highest mtn in the continental US) and hitting the highest point on the PCT- Forrester Pass(at around 13,000ft) right after that. It's going to be an adventure, I'm definitely very excited for this section of trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment