Monday 28 June 2010

Attempt to hike north from Sanora Pass- miles 1020ish to 1053ish

Before heading to my family reunion in Colorado, I jumped a bit north on the trail to attempt to make mileage before getting off-trail for 5 days. I wound up being the first through that area by myself. After 3 days of making first tracks through the massive amounts of snow using my map and compass, having to refind the few pieces of un-snow-covered trail every morning (and whenever I lost it throughout the day), I made it 33 miles from Sanora Pass to Ebbit's Pass, where I luckily ran into a couple wonderful backcountry skiers/snowboarders. Chance and Dave-O gave me a ride into Tahoe, made me some dinner, let me use their shower, AND crash on their couch for the night. Such needed trail magic! I then proceeded to call a friend of a friend in Reno- Jeremy- and he let me crash at his place until my flight left 2 days later. I definitely owe some people after this week!

I came down this right after Sanora Pass

One of the few trail markers I was estatic to find after a couple hours of being lost

One of the few sections of trail I came across

Following Dave-O's tele tracks to Ebbit's Pass

No comments:

Post a Comment