Wednesday 1 September 2010

Mile 2155.2- Cascade Locks, Or

I made it from Ashland to Cascade Locks(most of Oregon) in 13 days. I did my first(and probably last) 40-plus mile days as well- 4 in all. The scenery was beautiful, but fall is most definitely on the horizon. I also got to see many people that I got ahead of and meet new people who have been behind me the whole time- Fuzzy Monkey, Train, Bear, Sparkles, Pony, Nonstop, Maybelline, Barrak, Noga, Green Mile, Cloudbuster, The older Kiwis, Guthook, Tangent... I have about 500 miles to go to finish this trail, and figure I can do it in about 3 weeks- which is good, because with colder weather approaching, I'm not sure I'd like to be out longer than that. Still enjoying every minute!
Walking across lava fields= not very fun Crater Lake! Bear, Cloudbuster and Green Mile making dinner with Mt. Thielson in the background- before the clouds rolled in and obscured the view. The Oregon/Washington High Point on the Trail- a whopping 7,000-something ft. Beautiful lake we took a swim break at north of Willamette Pass- it was COLD! Me as close to the 2,000 mile mark as I could figure a beautiful morning shot north of 3-Finger Jack in the 3 Sisters Wilderness Mount Jefferson and I There was a Fire Closure they were shuttling us around- 15 miles Notice the horse poo on that trail- that's nothing new... Crater Lake
Walking through 3 Sisters Wilderness

No comments:

Post a Comment