Sunday 2 May 2010

Mile 111-ish: Warner Springs, Ca


Before the Head-shaving: Bones, Low and I

After

Everyone I started with on Friday

An over view of ADZLMPCTKO(kick-off)






It's been great so far getting back into the swing of hiking everyday, though my feet are taking a bit longer to get used to it than my mind. The first few days my knees were hurting so much on the downhills, I wasn't sure I'd be able to go on. Thankfully, that cleared up though they still ache a bit- it's amazing what stretching and Glucosamine will do. The best part of the trip so far other than the people is most definitely the views- so amazing. Since it's been such a wet spring, everything's green and blooming- one of the streams along the trail that's been dry for 5 years is running this year!
I'll be heading into the San Josentos mountains this week, which was impassable last week because of snow. There's (according to a person who walked through it Thurs) 'still enough snow to make it interesting'
Highest Mileage Day: about 23 miles
Lowest Mileage Day(other than zero Miles): 10 miles into Warner Springs
New friends: Guthook, Kerry, Ishmael, Furniture, Wolf Taffy, Seamus, Paladine, Annika, Burny, Chance, Cloudbuster, Not a Chance, The Croatian Sensation
Thanks for the Trail Magic: Wayne and the Julian Outfitter, Doug and Marilyn Streed, Louie, & Wally and Ginny Winkler, Hamburger Helper

5 comments:

  1. PS - Thank you for silencing my thoughts about how I might look with my head shaved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, I would totally shave mine after seeing how cute L looks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinda creepy how much you look like me with no hair...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey... 10EB03. Sorry, I thought it'd be cool to use your "study name" since I never got an official trail name from you. I'm sorry I missed you at Miejo Sushi. It was great! We were there Wednesday night as promised. Did you ever make it?
    I'm not sure how you'll respond to me so I'll throw my email in here too...
    brandon.griffin@colorado.edu

    Best of luck in the mountains!!!!

    ReplyDelete