Sunday 8 August 2010

Mile 1730ish- Ashland, Oregon!

First town in Oregon, and I'm loving it! Ashland is a wonderful town, with a little downtown area that has a lot of different restaurants and a Shakespeare Festival. The hike from Etna has been nice as well, without too many ups and downs, and with wonderful people:) We got into Seiad Valley(which is apparently the heart of the state of Jefferson- if you don't know, look it up), and the cafe was closed, so we didn't do the 5 pound pancake challenge. I also happened to pick up some poison oak along the way, but it's not too itchy, so I haven't been too bothered by it.

Marble Mountains!

The berries are starting to ripen, I got about half a gatorade bottle full- SO tasty!

New shoes in Seiad Valley after wearing the ones in the middle for about 900 miles- they had NO tread left

It was hot in Seiad Valley- The Graduate and Max Chill hanging out at the RV Park

Thru- hiker Non-Essentials

Made it to Oregon! August 6 at about 930am

Thru-hiker Essentials?

You can still see Mt.Shasta coming out of the mist!

2 comments:

  1. reading your blog makes me happy and sad. i long to be hiker trash again... and your trip looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Velvet.
    nice. I had a bottle of that in CT.

    I wasn't really during my trip.. but I'll be following your blog from here on out. I made it to Khatadin August 17th.

    PSOC thru-hiker, fuck yeah.

    ReplyDelete